Alan C. Gaidelis Accredited Marine Surveyor
Alan C. Gaidelis, a lifetime boater, entered the marine surveying profession in 1995 at the recommendation of another SAMS Accredited surveyor. In 1999, he sold a repair business and founded Bayside Marine Surveying, Inc., so that he could survey full time. Since then, Alan has gained a reputation for thoroughness, accuracy and honesty, and his business has grown steadily.
Alan has spent most of his life working with those things mechanical. He possesses an extensive knowledge of marine mechanics and systems and most types of boat construction. He has owned several vessels up to 42 feet in length as well as operated many more performing local deliveries.
In his earlier years, he spent his summers plying the waters of the Warren River in Barrington, Rhode Island or sailing on Narragansett Bay. The remainder of his time, he has spent either in Solomon’s Island or Baltimore, Maryland. He has also been known to travel the East Coast from Boston to Norfolk.
Alan has a commitment to providing the best surveys in the profession together with personalized service. He also enjoys the time that he has with his clients and always recommends that they attend the inspection. Questions are welcome and encouraged. He takes the additional time that may be required to answer any and all questions.
Whether you are new to boating and not sure how best to proceed with the survey process, or an experienced Skipper, give us a call or send an email. I will contact you as soon as possible with a personal reply.
A full time marine surveyor and advocate for my clients. Put my years of experience and knowledge to work for you!
- Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors
- American Boat and Yacht Council
- Boat US
- Boat US Technical Exchange for Marine Professionals
- BoatDiesel Forum
- BoatPokers Surveyors Forum
- Trawlers and Trawlering Forum
- Numerous manufacturer and boating related forums
Education & Certificates Held
- SAMS® Accredited Marine Surveyor #784, Accredited since 2003
- ABYC Electrical Certificates
- ASE Certified Technician
- FAA Licensed Aircraft Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- Continual study and regular attendance of conferences and seminars